Criteria for Inclusion on DigInVT.com
In order to be included on this site, the appropriate Council member has verified that all listings met the following criteria:
- Comply with all applicable regulations
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for visitors
- Offer a product of which 75% originates in Vermont or 85% of its value is finalized in VT*
- Be open and set up for visitors seasonally or year round with visiting times clearly communicated
- Be an active member in good standing of at least 1 organization represented on the Council
*The Vermont Fresh Network, Vermont Grape and Wine Council, and Vermont Farms Association modified this criteria to better fit their membership (see below).
How to get listed as a "Place" on DigInVT.com if you are not a member of one of the Sanctioning Organizations.
If you are a farmer or food producer and are not a member of one of the DigInVT.com sanctioning organizations, you may submit an online application. The applications will be reviewed by the sanctioning organizations on a quarterly basis. You must meet all of the posted lisitng criteria, with the exception of the fifth criteria as well as contribute an annual fee of $100.
Vermont Fresh Network: Restaurant Criteria -
- Purchases food products from at least four farmers, producers or processors who are members of the Vermont Fresh Network,
- 15% of annual food purchases must be Vermont grown or produced food stuff,
- At any time of the year the menu must contain Vermont products that represent 3 of the 6 USDA food categories (USDA Food Groups: Fats, Oils, and Sweets / Milk, Yogurt, and Cheese / Meat, Poultry, Fish, Beans, Eggs, and Nuts / Vegetables / Fruits / Breads, Cereal, Rice, and Pasta)
Vermont Fresh Network: Farmer Criteria -
- Has at least one purchasing agreement with a restaurant who is a member of the Vermont Fresh Network.
Vermont Grape and Wine Council:
- 100% of the wine must be made in Vermont and at least 75% of the production volume of wine must be made from Vermont grown grapes or fruit.
Vermont Farms Association:
- Offer the opportunity for visitors to come onto the farm for an agricultural educational experience. Any products served or offered for sale should feature that farm's product(s) with as much as possible originating in Vermont.