157 Main St
Brattleboro, VT 05301
We will explore “food as medicine” and how to feast/eat with enjoyment while respecting your body.
These classes will provide how-to methods for understanding and implementing an anti-inflammatory diet and lifestyle for those experiencing or suffering from:
- Chronic pain
- Lyme disease
- Inflammatory gut conditions (Crohn’s, colitis, etc.)
- Arthritic/gout conditions
- Allergies and food sensitivities
- Diabetes, MS, Parkinson’s, Lupus, etc…other inflammatory conditions
Wed. January 30
Load the Oven, and eat like royalty for a week
We will fill the oven with (and dine on!) poultry, fish and vegetable dishes, and share recipes and cooking techniques for anti-inflammatory entrees.
- Poultry (Kentucky Fried style, Curried, Pomegranate barbecue and more)
- Fish (Miso Marinade)
- Vegetables and Side dishes
- Recipes and Menu planning
Wed. February 13
Treats, Desserts and Cravings
Want to treat yourself and be kind to your body at the same time? Want to curb your cravings for foods that don’t serve you and enjoy occasional desserts?
We will prepare and taste recipes for grain-free baked goods and desserts, and discuss sweetening options.
- Puddings, jellos
- Grain-free cake and bread
- How to deal with cravings and get back in balance
Amy Comerchero of Amy Bakery Arts Cafe, has made a lifelong study of nutrition, natural healing, and food as medicine. When her 21-yr. old daughter was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease, they chose a natural path to wellness, employing an anti-inflammatory diet, natural supplements, and alternative healing treatments. They are happy to report great results…with no negative side effects!
1 Class – $35
2 Classes – $65