The Great Northern
716 Pine St
Burlington, VT 05401
For one special evening on Sunday, February 10, gather with us at The Great Northern for a grazing-style dinner (many small, passed plates and bites) to celebrate local food and benefit Jr Iron Chef VT!
Six celebrated local chefs have each paired with a winning Jr Iron Chef VT team throughout the winter to cook together and share their culinary knowledge:
- Chef Frank Pace of The Great Northern & King Street Youth Center
- Chef Cara Chigazola-Tobin of Honey Road & Lake Champlain Waldorf School
- Chef Jim McCarthy of Shelburne Farms [school to be determined!]
- Chef Doug Paine of Bleu Northeast Seafood / Hotel Vermont, Juniper & Camels Hump Middle
- Chef Phil Clayton of Guild Tavern & Champlain Valley Union
- Chef Christian Kruse of Vergennes Laundry by CK & Vergennes Union Middle School
The 2018 winning student teams have taken their Jr Iron Chef VT award-winning recipes to the next level with the guidance of their chef mentors. Now, they’re cooking these locally sourced dishes for you at our first-ever Jr Iron Chef VT Grazing Dinner.
The evening will also include silent auctions, raffles, and the opportunity to learn more about Jr Iron Chef VT and Vermont’s Farm to School efforts.
Tickets are $60 per adult, $20 per child. Ticket price includes alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, tax, and tip. 100% of the proceeds will benefit Jr Iron Chef VT, a statewide culinary competition challenging teams of middle and high school students to engage in improving their own health and the health of their community by creating nutritious, local dishes to inspire school meal programs. Jr Iron Chef VT is program of Vermont FEED, a Farm to School partnership project of Shelburne Farms and NOFA-VT.
Questions? Email Jr Iron Chef VT Co-Coordinator Kerrie Mathes at firstname.lastname@example.org.