105 Pearl St
Essex, VT 05452
Jr Iron Chef VT is a statewide culinary competition organized by Vermont FEED challenging teams of middle and high school students to engage in improving their own health and the health of their community by creating nutritious, local dishes to inspire school meal programs.
It is a fun family event!
Morning heat: 9:30–11:00AM; awards 12:00–12:30PM
Afternoon heat: 12:30–2:00PM; awards 3:00–3:30PM
Swing by the activity room to partake in great activities the whole family can enjoy! 2018 activities included:
- Bike-powered Smoothie Station, CITY MARKET
- Crepe spinning tutorial, SKINNY PANCAKE
- Shake your own butter, VT FEED, Thomas Dairy
- Taste test, VT FEED/SHELBURNE FARMS
- Cheese taste test, SHELBURNE FARMS
- Composting activity, CSWD
- Jr Iron Chef VT photo booth, 802 EVENT GROUP
- Klinko, Community Bank NA, New Englad Foundation
- Make a meal activity, HUNGER FREE VT
- Face painting, BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF VERMONT
- Vermont Community Garden Network
- Trivia and games. New England Dairy and Food Council/Fuel up to Play 60
- VT Department of Agriculture
$5 family (up to 4 members)
Watching a cooking competition is bound to make you hungry! Visit the concession stand to purchase breakfast, lunch, and snack items.