130 School Rd
Shoreham, VT 05770
Presented by the Friends of the Platt Memorial Library, The Orchard Run is kicking off Shoreham’s Apple Fest making it a great day out for the whole family! Lunch will be available — at a discounted rate for runners — as well as a farmers market, the annual Apple Pie Contest, kids activities, and live music. Apple Fest starts immediately after the race and runs from 12:00pm to 4:00pm.
There will be a 5k run/walk and 10k run on the morning of Apple Fest starting on School Road in front of the Gazebo.
All are welcome and after the run there will be all the fun of Apple Fest to stay and enjoy. Come savor the beauty of the apple orchard countryside of Shoreham, Vermont on this great loop course!
This will not be an officially timed race though there will be a large clock at the finish for you to time yourself. Prizes will be awarded. All proceeds go towards the Platt Memorial Library.
Apple Fest has become a much-anticipated annual event for the Platt Memorial Library, the Town of Shoreham, and all of Addison County!
Located in the center of the village of Shoreham, the heart of apple country, Apple Fest invites you to come out and listen to music while experiencing some of the best that Addison County has to offer.
- Snake Mountain Bluegrass playing all afternoon in the gazebo.
- The Library will offer for sale a lunch of pulled pork sandwiches with slaw, mac’n cheese, baked beans, apple desserts, and cider.
- Apple Pie Contest: Enter a pie in the “Best Apple Pie” contest. There will be 2 entry categories: youth (16 and under) and adults (over 16). Individuals or teams are encouraged to enter.
- Market vendors will be selling fresh vegetables and apples, bottles of locally-produced hard and ice cider, locally-bottled spirits, cheeses, eggs, farm-raised meat, honey, maple products, jams, jellies and handmade arts and crafts.
- There are local drinks to sample and a cider garden where you can to sit and enjoy some of Shoreham's best hard or sweet ciders while listening to bluegrass music.
- There are always children's activities as well.
All are welcome!