Save the Date! This event happens the first Sunday in August every year, and if you sign up for the DigInVT newsletter you will be sure to get plenty of notice to buy tickets for 2019.
Join us at the Vermont Fresh Network's 23rd Annual Forum Dinner! For one special evening in August, farmers and chefs from all across Vermont come together to prepare a sensational meal for you and fellow food enthusiasts. It is a fundraiser for the Vermont Fresh Network — all proceeds go to continuing programming that helps bring more Vermont grown and raised food to the table. Highlights include tasting Vermont artisanal products and beverages, a silent auction, and the grazing dinner by over 20 of the state’s finest chefs.
Tickets are $75 for the general public, $60 for VFN Members (not a member? You could be - information on becoming a supporting member is here). Tickets on sale in June.
Schedule for the Evening:
5:00 - Doors Open to Guests
5:00 to 6:00 - Vermont Artisanal Products Tasting
- Taste some of the most innovative and delicious new culinary treasures created by Vermont food artisans.
- Celebrate the dedication of Vermont’s new wave of cidermakers, winemakers, brewers, and distillers as they share tastes of their varied creations (along with non-alcoholic beverages).
- Enjoy music by Larks in the Attic.
5:00 to 7:30 - Silent Auction
- Bid on Vermont food and farm experience packages, from romantic getaways at country inns to feasts for a group of friends, in our popular Silent Auction.
6:00 to 8:00 - Grazing Dinner
- Enjoy the bounty of local products grown and raised by Vermont’s farmers and highlighted in delectable offerings by the state’s finest chefs - it is a dinner like no other.
7:30 - Vote for Best Bite & Best Sip - Prizes donated by Danforth Pewter, Rockledge Farm Woodworks, Boyer's Orchard
7:30 to 8:00 - Ice Cream Social with Strafford Organic Creamery
- There will be a Cash Bar, but alcohol samplings are free. Please bring a photo ID, you will be carded in order to sample alcohol.
- We have a number of fantastic offerings for a silent auction fundraiser at the event this year - come prepared to participate! Checks are preferred, credit card payments are also accepted.
- There is no ATM on the property.
- Weather permitting; parking will be on the field in front of the Coach Barn.
- No dogs are allowed on Shelburne Farms property.
Thank You to our Sponsors:
Our host, Shelburne Farms.
Silver: Bluehouse Group, Community National Bank, Front Porch Forum, Gardener's Supply Company, Gallagher, Flynn & Company, People's United Bank, Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Vermont Creamery, Vermont Department of Tourism, Vermont Tent Company, VT Ski + Ride Magazine.
Bronze: Cabot Creamery, City Market/Onion River Co-op, Grow Compost, Hannaford Supermarkets, New England Federal Credit Union, New England Culinary Institute, UVM Extension.
2018 Participants Included. . .
Chefs and restaurants:
Bistro de Margot - Burlington
Bleu Northeast Seafood - Burlington
Butch + Babe's - Burlington
City Market - Onion River Co-op - Burlington
El Cortijo Taqueria - Burlington
Guild Tavern - Burlington
Hatchet Tap and Table - Richmond
Hen of the Wood - Burlington
Honey Road - Burlington
Inn at Shelburne - Shelburne
Juniper Bar and Restaurant - Burlington
Leunig's Bistro - Burlington
Michael's on the Hill - Waterbury Center
NECI on Main - Montpelier
Pascolo Ristorante - Burlington
Reluctant Panther - Manchester
The Essex - Essex
The Farmhouse Tap & Grill - Burlington
The Great Northern - Burlington
UVM Dining - Burlington
Their dishes will highlight produce and products from Adam’s Turkey Farm, All Souls Tortilleria, Black River Produce, Farmer Hill, Fat Toad Farm, Half Pint Farm, Jericho Settlers Farm, King Arthur Flour, Kimball Brook Farm, Lake Champlain Chocolates, LaPlatte River Angus Farm, Maple Wind Farm, the Market Garden at Shelburne Farms, Naked Acre Farm, Nitty Gritty Grain Company, Pete’s Greens, Pitchfork Farms, Pomykala Farm, Red Hen Bakery, Rockville Market Farm, Snug Valley Farm, True Love Farm, Vermont Heritage Grazers.
Specialty food producers:
Butterfly Bakery - Montpelier
Cabot Creamery Cooperative - Waitsfield
Champlain Valley Apiaries - Middlebury
Grafton Village Cheese Co - Grafton
Joe's Kitchen@ Screamin' Ridge Farm - Montpelier
Kimball Brook Farm - North Ferrisburgh
O Bread - Shelburne
Shelburne Farms - Shelburne
Vermont Beekeepers Association
Vermont Fresh Pasta - Proctorsville
Vermont Salumi - Plainfield
Artesano Mead - Groton
Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits - Cambridge
Caledonia Spirits - Hardwick
Champlain Orchards Cidery - Shoreham
Citizen Cider - Burlington
Eden Specialty Cider - Newport
Hooker Mtn. Farm Distillery - Marshfield
Lincoln Peak Vineyard - New Haven
Mad River Distillers - Waitsfield
Maquam Winery - Swanton
Saxtons River Distillery - Brattleboro
Shacksbury Cider - Vergennes
Shelburne Vineyard - Shelburne
SILO Distillery - Windsor
Snow Farm Vineyard - South Hero
Windfall Orchard - Cornwall
Zero Gravity Brewery - Burlington
Thank you to our Partner Members who donated to the Silent Auction: American Flatbread, Bleu Northeast Seafood, Butterfly Bakery of Vermont, Cabot, Coutures B&B, Craftsbury Outdoor Center, Craftsbury General Store, The Essex, The Farmhouse Group, Highland Lodge, Hotel Vermont, Jasper Hill Farm, King Arthur Flour, Long Trail Brewing Company, Michael’s on the Hill, Sandiwood Farm, SILO Distillery, Shelburne Farms. Thanks also go to to Craftsbury Chamber Players, Highland Performing Arts Center, Jay Peak Resort, Jeffrey Roberts, Vermont Youth Symphony Orchestra.